Workplace Support Program (WSP)
The Workplace Support Program (WSP) is comprised of clinical interventions, delivered through specific referral processes, all of which address mental health issues requiring longer-term, more specialized or more intensive levels of care as a method to prevent or address workplace performance problems, absence and disability.
WSP incorporates five programs:
- Workplace Referral Program is either mandated or monitored employee referral for support with any issue impacting behaviour in the workplace. For example, providing assistance with long-term mental health and addiction issues.
- WorkAssist™ is a longer-term approach to addressing depression/anxiety or addictions issues that may lead to future disability and/or be at the root of a current disability case. Used primarily as a tool to get those employees already on disability back to work.
- Depression Care™ is also a longer-terms approach to addressing depression/anxiety. While the clinical intervention is the same as that used in WorkAssist, Depression Care requires self-referral by employees, employers must authorize this EAP service add-on, and treatment progress is kept confidential.
- Substance Abuse Program offers the SAP-DOT US program requirements , but are conducted by Shepell•fgi addiction specialists, making the program more accessible and affordable. Employees are well-served by our network of addiction specialists.
- Structured Relapse Prevention Program is a long term follow-up to prevent relapse and disability for those who have completed an addictions program.