You no longer have to be an international organization to have global challenges. The growing diversity and mobility of today’s workforce is creating cross-cultural challenges and opportunities in every work environment.
53% of expatriates consider cross-cultural adjustment of high-importance when it comes to the success of their assignment.
66% of companies expected their number of international assignees to increase in 2011. (Global Relocation Trends Survey Report 2011)
Shepell·fgi’s Intercultural Solutions offer a comprehensive suite of services that are designed to support domestic workforces, expatriate employees and their families; global managers, short-term business travelers, and groups that require assistance in working across cultural borders. Unique to the industry, we offer a holistic approach through our clinical and training-based services.
Expatriate Support Services
Shepell·fgi assists expatriates and their families with the social as well as the deeply emotional and psychosocial aspects of an international relocation - setting us apart from any other firm in the industry.
Selection & Preparation Services (Clinical):
- Pre-Departure Preparation & Evaluation Service
- Personal/Family Preparation Service
- Expatriate/Family & Youth Cross-Cultural Training
- Intercultural Executive Coaching
- Short-Term Assignment & Global Business
- Global Business Traveler Training
- Preview Trip/Area Orientation
- Home Search
- Settling In Assistance
- Schooling Assistance
- Depart & Disconnect Services
- Lease Renewal
Up to 25 per cent of all international assignments end prematurely, which experts attribute to the inability to make the necessary cross-cultural adjustments. When asked about the most critical issues they faced, 25% of expatriates ranked difficulty with the new location as the most problematic. (Global Relocation Trends Survey Report 2011)
- Business Repatriation Training
- Adult & Youth Repatriation Training
- Personal/Family Repatriation Program (Clinical)
The lack of repatriation services for cross border and international assignments continues to be an area of missed opportunity and risk for organizations. Only 14% of companies track retention rates among repatriated employees – yet the most number of international assignees (28%) leave the company within 1 year of a completed assignment. (Global Relocation Trends Survey Report 2011)
Online Assessment Tools & Additional Resources:
- Cross-Cultural Adaptability Inventory
- Intercultural Development Inventory
- International Relocation Center Online Country Specific Information (covering 170 destinations worldwide)
- The Culture Compass
Group Business Trainings
Ensuring your organization will thrive in today's global business environment is critical. Our group or team trainings will illustrate the impact of culture on communication and business practices and provide tools for increased effectiveness and productivity. Trainings can be customized to your unique needs.
- Becoming Worldwise™
- Communication Across Cultures
- Country Specific Group Program
- Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainability Programs
All solutions can be offered as stand-alone services or uniquely bundled to meet the needs of your organization.
For more information, please contact us at 1 800 461-9722 or firstname.lastname@example.org.